If you own the Google Nexus 7 Android tablet and you’re looking to fit it into your car, it seems that apart from mounting accessories and the old fashioned way of holding it in your lap, you can now consider having it installed in your car’s dashboard, which is what the folks at Sonic Electronix have done. They have taken the 7” Nexus 7 tablet and installed it into a Dodge Ram and replaced the double-din head unit with the tablet instead. Unfortunately due to the tablet’s WiFi only capabilities, we’re not sure apart from an entertainment system, what else can be done with the device. However if your carrier allows you to set up WiFi hotspots with your smartphone, then the Nexus 7 in the dashboard will certainly have no trouble doubling up as a navigational unit as well. Pretty cool, huh? So who’s planning on outfitting their cars with the Nexus 7 tablets?
- 2014-02-26: ASUS Nexus 7 Dock Now On Sale
- 2014-02-16: Nexus 7 2013 16GB White Spotted On Best Buy
- 2014-02-13: Verizon Nexus 7 LTE Activation Possible Via New Update
- 2014-02-11: Verizon Nexus 7 Release Confirmed For February 13th
- 2014-02-09: Verizon’s Nexus 7 Arrives At Stores (Rumor)