Earlier today we covered a couple of Nikon’s new digital camera announcements, namely the Android based S800C and the P7700. However if you don’t need Android as your camera’s operating system and you don’t think you need the power behind the P7700, you’re in luck as Nikon has also introduced the Coolpix S01 which we suspect should be able to get the job done while being relatively affordable. Priced at $179.95, the Coolpix S01 features a 10MP image sensor and is powered by Nikon’s EXPEED C2 image processing system and will come with 3x optical zoom. It will sport a 2.5” touchscreen display on the back and will come with 7.3GB of internal storage, a built-in xenon flash, special and filter effects and will support HD video recording in the 720p format. It is expected to go on sale in September and will come in four different colors – red, white, silver or pink. [Press release]
Next Story: iPhone 4, I choose you!
- 2014-04-17: Nikon 1 V3 Is Now Shipping
- 2014-04-10: Nikon 1 J4 Is Official
- 2014-04-10: Nikon Coolpix S810c Announced, Runs On Android
- 2014-04-09: Alleged Nikon 1 J4 Photo And Specs Leaked
- 2014-03-28: Nikon Issues Replacement Or Equivalent Model For D600 DSLR