With Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood and Revelations having launched successful beta tests, you could not be blamed if you thought that a beta test for the upcoming Assassin’s Creed 3 would be taking place as well. However if you were looking forward to getting access to an Assassin’s Creed 3 beta, you’re out of luck as multiplayer developer Ubisoft Annecy’s game director, Damien Kieken, told Xboxgamezone that there are no plans to create a beta event for Assassins’ Creed 3 and here’s what he had to say about it:
“To be honest, it’s something we want to do every year because we get community feedback that helps us tune the game. It is also a good reward for the community that has followed us from the beginning […] But doing a beta takes a lot of time; we’d need to polish a version, submit it to the platform holders and support it when it’s out. And all the time put into the beta doesn’t go into the final game. Because we wanted to push so many things into the game, we took the hard decision to favor the final game content instead of doing a beta and we believe it will be favorable in the end.”
So are you guys bummed that there won’t be a beta for Assassin’s Creed 3, or would you rather they took that time and created a more polished game instead?
- 2013-04-23 Assassin's Creed 3: The Redemption Released On PS3, Xbox 360, PC
- 2013-02-06 Assassin's Creed 3 King Washington DLC Release Dates Announced In New Trailer
- 2012-11-30 Extremely limited edition Assassin's Creed 3 package goes up for auction
- 2012-11-26 Assassin's Creed 3 and Far Cry 3 missing from UK Steam store
- 2012-11-22 Assassin's Creed 3 bound for the Benelux region gets its entire shipment stolen