The Android-powered Ouya console has certainly garnered its fair share of attention in the recent past, and here we are with more word on this $99 game console. Having amassed more than $7 million in funds thanks to Kickstarter, this little console that could will also be on the receiving end of a couple of features that might just nudge you to make a purchase once it hits the market – that is, the availability of the XBMC media player and TuneIn online radio. Julie Urhman, CEO of Ouya, claimed that these features were thrown into the mix since many people did ask for XBMC to be included, and this is good news. After all, the open source media player is more than capable of handling just about any known video and music codec.
Apart from that, with online radio service TuneIn jumping on board, one is able to enjoy more than 70,000 stations and 2 million on-demand programs across 230 countries, now how about that? Would you be one who will be picking up the Ouya console when it arrives?
- 2014-03-06: $200 M.O.J.O. Gets OUYA Everywhere Support
- 2014-03-03: OUYA Looks Beyond The TV
- 2014-02-02: Ouya 16GB Launches At $129
- 2013-11-18: Ouya Debuts Refreshed Console With All White Limited Edition Model
- 2013-10-24: Ouya Rolling Out Nationwide Through Target With Demo Kiosks