Not too long after the Kickstarter project for Ouya was closed, having gathered more than $8.5 million in total, Ouya CEO Julie Uhrman said, “We’ve been blown away the whole time. People are ready for something new, and Ouya is that thing. We never expected to do this well and be this well-received. It’s just truly amazing that it’s resonated so well with gamers and developers.” Namco as well as Square Enix are both said to be working on this particular console, in addition to a range of other multimedia applications such as iHeartRadio, XBMC, and OnLive among others.
Ouya will also be taking on pre-orders over the Internet for consoles, and these are tipped to ship sometime in April 2013. Those who have dropped money for the Ouya project can be expected to twiddle their thumbs and fingers in expectation to see these arrive at their doorsteps in March next year. Are you looking forward to having some Ouya action in your living room soon?
- 2014-04-11: Micro 3D Printer Kickstarter Hits The $2 Million Mark In 3 Days
- 2014-04-10: Pocket Printer Kickstarter Project Lets You Print On The Go
- 2014-04-09: CommBadge Bluetooth Wearable Device Lets You Interact With Siri/Google Now Hands-Free
- 2014-04-07: Micro 3D Printer Reaches Kickstarter Goal In 11 Minutes
- 2014-04-06: Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10
- 2012-07-19: Ouya gets $5 million, does not wants more money
- 2012-07-19: OUYA Kickstarter funding hits $5 million