You know, I rarely spend plenty of time gaming on my Android-powered smartphone, but with Plants vs Zombies, this was one title that I found hard to avoid, and tend to spend every free minute firing it up on my handset, much to the chagrin of my better half. Well, it did not take too long before all the achievements were unlocked, but it did leave one major question hanging that was also asked by millions of gamers around the world – will PopCap Games come up with a sequel? The answer has finally arrived, where an official release time frame for Plants vs Zombies 2 has been announced, and we are talking about spring next year 2013 which is not too far away.
This would mean the sequel to Plants vs Zombies will roll out four years after the original, which is long enough, but I guess there is enough legs in the genre and game itself to be “stretched” this way in between games. PopCap has promised that the sequel will bring “new features, settings, and situations, designed to delight the franchise’s tens of millions of fans around the world.” I sure hope that four years of planning and work does not disappoint.
Next Story: Grand Theft Auto 5 screenshots spotted
- 2014-04-15: Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Zomboss Down Expansion Now Available
- 2014-03-17: Free Garden Warfare DLC From PopCap
- 2014-02-06: Doctor Zomboss Is New Plants Vs. Zombies 2 Addition
- 2013-11-27: Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Headed To PS4, Xbox 360 [Rumor]
- 2013-10-23: Plants Vs. Zombies 2 For Android Released Worldwide
- 2013-08-20: Peggle 2, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Headed To Xbox One First
- 2013-08-15: Plants vs. Zombies 2 Now Available On iOS
- 2013-06-26: Plants vs. Zombies 2 Delayed To Release 'Later This Summer'
- 2013-06-03: Plants Vs. Zombies 2 Launching Exclusively On iOS July 18