It wasn’t too long ago that Apple launched the 15” Retina Display MacBook Pro. While 15” might seem like a decent size as far as portability is concerned, there are some who might prefer something smaller than they can just slip into their bags, like a 13” model for example. Well if you’re wondering if Apple has plans to launch a 13” MacBook Pro with Retina Display, you might not be disappointed thanks to benchmark results which has some speculating that it could be the 13” laptop.
This is thanks to Geekbench sightings which has outed this device as the “MacBookPro10,2”. This labeling has been used for the current 15” MacBook Pro with the difference being that it has been labeled as “MacBookPro10,1”. The test results have also revealed its processor which is a 2.9GHz Core i7-3520M processor and appears to be running on OS X 10.8.1, a version of Mountain Lion which has yet to be released but is expected to be seeded to developers soon. Oddly enough it managed to achieve a Geekbench score of 7,756 which is apparently slightly lower compared to the last time it was spotted with a score of 7,806.
This is not the first time we’ve heard about rumors of a 13” Retina Display MacBook Pro – in fact back in June it was predicted by analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of KGI Securities that Apple was prepping a 13” Retina Display MacBook Pro for a launch in September, which coincidentally (or perhaps not) is also when Apple is rumored to launch the new iPhone as well. Could these benchmarks be an indication that the rumored 13” laptop is close to launch? We guess we will have to wait and see, but until then we suggest taking this with a grain of salt for now and be sure to check back with us at a later date for the details!
- 2014-03-05 13-inch Non-Retina MacBook Pro Could Be Discontinued This Year [Rumor]
- 2013-11-07 Apple Issues Fix For 13" MacBook Pros' Trackpad And Keyboard Woes
- 2013-11-03 OS X Mavericks Taps MacBook Pro's Ambient Light Sensor To Detect Movement
- 2013-10-30 Apple Announces Fix Incoming For MacBook Pros With Keyboard/Trackpad Issues
- 2013-10-28 Late 2013 MacBook Pros Experiencing Keyboard And Trackpad Freezes
- 2013-03-15 Retina MacBook Pro Owner Files Lawsuit Against Apple Over Ghosting Display
- 2013-02-13 MacBook Pro With Retina Display Prices Updated
- 2012-08-27 13.3-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display already in production?
- 2012-06-22 Blizzard to optimize Diablo 3 further for the Retina Display MacBook Pros
- 2012-05-14 MacBook Pro to Feature Retina Display?