We had heard the rumor that The Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro would power the next-gen LG phones, and it sure seemed plausible, but now this is official. Qualcomm has confirmed to Ubergizmo that LG has selected the quad-core Snapdragon S4 pro to power some of their next-generation handsets. We’ve played with the a tablet variant of the S4 Pro recently, and its performance were excellent. The handset version (AQP8064) is nearly identical but will work alongside a discrete modem (MDM9615) to feature global 3G and LTE capabilities.
Keep in mind that there are more than 50 LTE bands worldwide, so you will have to wait a bit longer to know which ones will be supported. However, Qualcomm’s strategy of pushing the envelope on both the pure performance and the radio technology should continue to pay handsomely. For competitors, the radio part is particularly more difficult to compete with because at the end of the day, it simply requires more resources, so the barrier of entry is very high.
Now that the processor side of things seems to have been taken care of, what do you think LG needs to do in order to climb up to the top? What features/designs do you want from LG?RELATED
- Qualcomm, Nvidia And Broadcom To Produce 64-Bit Quadcore Processors Next Year [Report]
- Quechua And Archos Unveils Rugged Smartphone
- Limited Edition BlackBerry P'9982 Comes With Crocodile Skin Back
- White Nokia Lumia 929 For Verizon Leaked
- Google's Nexus Devices Susceptible To SMS Bug That Causes Phones To Reboot
- Follow: LG, qualcomm, snapdragon,