Well, here we are with news that both Rovi and Internet search giant Google have signed a multi-year patent licensing agreement between one another. Just what kind of implications does this agreement have? It will offer a license under Rovi’s interactive program guide patent portfolio for set-top boxes, in addition to online and mobile platforms.
Samir Armaly, EVP, Worldwide Intellectual Property & Licensing, Rovi, said, “Our agreement with Google continues the growth and relevance of our patent licensing program for not only traditional platforms, but also new media experiences across multiple screen. We are pleased that the relevance of our intellectual property in this space continues to be recognized by leading companies such as Google.”
Let us see what happens from this time forth after the agreement has been signed. Only time will tell.
- 2014-04-14: Reporter Assaulted For Wearing Google Glass In Public
- 2014-04-13: Surgeon Finds Google Glass Indispensable In His Work
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Square Considered By Google And Apple For Purchase Before
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated