Here is a bit of mid-week cheer that will definitely let your feet tap and dance around, with word that US owners of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 Wi-Fi will be on the receiving end of the Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system update. Just how are you supposed to download this particular system update? The answer is pretty simple – just use Samsung KIES or wait for an Over The Air notification, and you are good to go. Needless to say, you will need to have your Wi-Fi connection up and running if you were to rely on Over The Air updates.
As for others who prefer to flash the tablet, that is also a possibility, where you can head on here (http://www.samfirmware.com) and go ahead with the download. Remember to flash only your own country as listed, and for folks living in the US, the firmware’s build date has been listed to be in August, where it has the following changelist – PDA: P7310UELPB and CSC: P7310XARLPB. Expect other tablets in the Galaxy Tab range to receive the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update soon.
Next Story: Sony NEX-5R specifications leaked
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2013-06-24: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Line-Up Revealed in 7, 8 and 10.1 inches
- 2013-01-11: Samsung's Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 And Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Now Receiving Jelly Bean
- 2012-11-22: Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 WiFi Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Update
- 2012-07-13: Galaxy Note receives Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich update
- 2012-07-12: Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch from Sprint gets Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update