At this point in time, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean is the fastest and smoothest interface amongst the Android operating system versions. Well, here is the latest bit of word concerning the Samsung Infuse 4G which is about to receive the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update – only if you know how to, of course. supernewbdev, an XDA Forum Member, has actually worked on a Jelly Bean Android 4.1 ROM that is based on the official JRO03E Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Nexus. There are steps that needs to be followed carefully though, never mind the fact that there are its fair share of minor bugs and issues on the ROM itself that needs to be dealt with beforehand, so that means the ROM cannot be used in day-to-day situations.
Some of the issues involved include the GPS function freezing halfway, the lack of Project Butter, some Ice Cream Sandwich features being impotent, the handset being unable to mount via USB, and debugging might not even work. Bear in mind that the Samsung Infuse 4G model that somewhat works with this ROM must hail from AT&T with the model number SGH-I997.
- 2014-04-15: Verizon Galaxy S5 Sale On Amazon Kicks Off
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Reportedly Expects To Ship 35M Galaxy S5 Units This Quarter
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofed
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Patent Reveals Earphone With Heads Up Display
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Costs $256 To Build, According To IHS Teardown
- 2013-11-19: Android 4.3 Update For Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Rolls Out
- 2013-09-04: Galaxy Note 3: Hands-On Review
- 2013-05-02: AT&T Galaxy Note Gets Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean As Well
- 2013-04-23: Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G Gets Jelly Bean Update
- 2013-04-11: Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE Getting Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Starting Today