We are finally done with Samsung Unpacked at IFA 2012 in Berlin, Germany, and what have we gathered so far? The recent ruling against them failed to take the wind out of Samsung’s sails, judging by what we saw. First of all, there is the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 which has finally arrived, and while it has a larger display than its predecessor, it loses out in terms of resolution, but overall the Galaxy Note 2 does seem to make a decent stand for itself if you are looking to jump aboard the phablet bandwagon.
As for those who want to try out this new niche of Android-powered cameras, right now you have two choices – the Nikon Coolpix S800c, or the Samsung Galaxy Camera. It does seem that on paper, the latter has a slight advantage due to 3G and 4G connectivity (let us leave the battery life out of the equation at the moment), not to mention shipping with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (the Nikon S800c is far behind with Android 2.3 Gingerbread), while sporting a 21x zoom lens as opposed to the S800c’s 10x optical zoom.
Samsung has not neglected the Windows camp either, with the announcement of the Samsung ATIV S smartphone as well as the ATIV Tab Windows RT-powered tablet. These seem to be experiments by Samsung to test the Windows market at the moment where such mobile devices are concerned, and it remains to be seen whether the uptake will be positive enough to see Samsung venture further in the future.
What do you think of today’s Samsung Unpacked event? What are the hits and misses in your book? Want to know what the event was like? Check (and Like!) the photo album on Facebook.
Next Story: Sony Xperia J does the "meh" dance
- 2014-04-23 Sprint Galaxy S5 Software Update Released
- 2014-04-23 News Republic And Appy Geek Launched For Samsung Gear 2 And Gear Fit
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 Localytics: Samsung Galaxy S5 Is 0.7% Of All Android-Powered Smartphones
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2012-08-29 Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Preview
- 2012-08-29 Samsung Galaxy Camera debuts at IFA 2012
- 2012-08-29 Samsung ATIV S announced
- 2012-08-29 Samsung Galaxy Note 2 officially announced
- 2012-08-29 Samsung Series 5 Ultra laptop, hands-on