A few days ago, Microsoft launched a massive revamp of its cloud storage service, SkyDrive. The revamp improved both the looks and the functionality of the service. As far as the design was concerned, Microsoft brought SkyDrive’s UI well in sync with its metro philosophy which is permeating nearly every Microsoft software.
In the post detailing all these changes, Microsoft had promised that although it wasn’t offering a SkyDrive app for Android at that moment, such an app was in the making and would be launched soon. Now, the software giant has lived up to its promise. A new blog post on the Windows Team Blog has now announced the availability of the SkyDrive app for Android.
The Android version of the app has more or less the same features as are available in Windows Phone or iOS versions of SkyDrive apps. Eminent features of the app include the ability to upload multiple videos and photos from the phone and the option of opening up SkyDrive files through other Android apps.
Moreover, the blog post states that during the development of the app for Android, efforts were made to keep it as close to and in sync with the overall Android experience as possible. Essentially, the app makes use of ‘Android design patterns and conventional interactions.’
The app is now available for all such Android phones which can access Google Play. To make the most of this app, it is preferable that you have Android Ice Cream Sandwich installed on your Android device. You can get the SkyDrive app for Android right away from this page.
Next Story: Images Of HTC Desire X (Proto) Leaked
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-20 Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Makes Its Way Onto Android
- 2014-04-18 Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-02-18 Microsoft Lync App For Android Tablets Coming This June
- 2013-07-01 Skype 4.0 For Android Receives A Complete Redesign [Video]
- 2013-03-26 Blackberry Q10 Will Support Android App Ports As Well
- 2013-01-23 SkyDrive Now Features Live Tiles
- 2012-12-03 SkyDrive.com Cloud Music Player In The Works? [Rumor]