With more functionality and accessories being made for smartphones, it is becoming obvious that our phones are no longer just used for making calls or sending text messages. They can be used to look up medical conditions, surf websites, monitor how far we’ve run and even look for recipes online. This is why we can’t say we’re too surprised to learn that smartphones have started to find themselves used more often in the kitchen nowadays. According to online recipe website, AllRecipes, they have discovered that 15% of all cooks viewed cooking videos from their smartphones, while a great number have used their smartphones to snap photos of their cooking attempts and have looked for recipes online.
They have also ran a poll where they found that 44% of the users they asked have stated that online cooking websites are their best source of food information right now. We guess having a tablet or a smartphone in front of you is a lot more efficient than having to flip through pages and stacks of cook books for that recipe, but what do you guys think? Do you find yourself using your smartphone or tablet in the kitchen more often these days?
- 2013-03-29: Smart Herb Garden Grows Herbs, Vegetables Without Sun Or Soil
- 2012-11-06: QOOQ cooking tablet launched in the U.S.
- 2012-08-27: Japanese Researchers Make Cooking Fun With New Simulator [+Movie]
- 2012-08-13: Smartphones reportedly finding an increase in use in the kitchen
- 2011-08-01: Automatic Mini Donut Factory lets you create donuts with ease
- 2011-07-14: iCookbook for Android launches on Amazon Appstore today