It looks like the earlier leaked specifications of Sony’s NEX-5R turned out to be true after all! The camera was officially unveiled at IFA 2012 and if you’re in the market for a new mirrorless camera, perhaps the NEX-5R might be worth taking a look at. Sporting a 16MP APS-C image sensor, the NEX-5R will also offer 1080p Full HD video capture at 60fps, and a touch screen display that will make navigating the menus a little easier.
Those are the specs that the NEX-5R shares with its predecessor, the NEX-5N, but what helps to set it apart from the NEX-5N would be its WiFi capabilities, a new “Fast Hybrid” autofocus system with 99-points that uses both contrast and phase detection to quickly lock onto the target. It will also sport a new programmable dial and a multi-function button. It even comes with downloadable apps that basically adds new features, such as filters and effects, to the camera. More info on the Sony NEX-5R can be found in the video above, or on Sony’s website where you will be able to pre-order it for yourself.
Next Story: Toshiba U925T 12.5" Ultrabook Convertible
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented
- 2014-04-17: Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-04-17: PS4 Update 1.70 To Feature SHAREfactory
- 2014-04-16: Sony Has Difficulty Meeting Demand For The PS4
- 2014-04-16: Sony's PS4 Sales Crosses The 7 Million Mark
- 2013-08-12: Sony NEX-5T Will Be Similar To The NEX-5R With Additional Features [Rumor]
- 2013-06-05: Sony NEX-5r Successor On The Horizon? [Rumor]
- 2012-08-29: Sony NEX-5R listed on retailer's website for pre-order
- 2012-08-28: Sony NEX-5R specifications leaked
- 2012-08-27: Price drop in Sony NEX-5N suggests NEX-5R's announcement could be imminent