It is not every single day that a company applies for a particular trademark, but I guess whenever a company does so, industry insiders and watchers would do well to sit up, pay attention and form their own conclusions as to what the upcoming device will be able to deliver. We have gotten whiff that the latest trademark that Sony champions would be ‘Exmor RS’, and that would logically speaking, indicate a brand new camera sensor – presumably one that will see action on future smartphones from Sony Mobile, of course.
This trademark was picked up by Sony Corporation recently in the United States (USPTO) and European (OHIM) patent offices, and just to further support why our suspicions are so, Sony does already use its current Exmor R camera sensor across a wide range of consumer electronics, ranging from cameras to camcorders and Xperia smartphones. Do you think that the Exmor RS would indicate new camera sensors, or if that is not the case, then where does your best guess bring you to?
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title