As expected with upcoming Windows 8 devices, Sony did not disappoint as they officially took the wraps off the VAIO Duo 11, a hybrid sort of device which is part tablet and part laptop. As you can see in the photo above, the Duo 11 can slide forwards, covering the keyboard entirely and double as a tablet. Alternatively the screen can be pushed back which allows it to function as a regular laptop, albeit one that has a capacitive touchscreen for a display.
A digitizer stylus pen is also one of the accessories that helps make the Duo 11 unique, allowing users to handwrite notes on the display or to make a quick sketch. In fact it even comes with swappable pen tips that lets users choose from a firmer or softer feel. Just like the Sony Xperia T smartphone, the VAIO Duo 11 will also support OneTouch, allowing the device to be paired with other Sony NFC-enabled products simply by touching.
Other specs of the device includes an Intel Core processor and users have the option of choosing configurations of i3, i5 or i7. It will run on Windows 8 or Windows 8 Pro and will sport 4GB-8GB of DDR3L 1600MHz SDRAM. It will also feature a 128GB/256GB SSD, a 1920×1080 Full HD display, Intel HD Graphics 4000, WiFi, Bluetooth, Ethernet, NFC and USB 3.0 connectivity and will come with a Full HD webcam. The Sony VAIO Duo 11 will be available from the end of October 2012, although availability may differ from country to country. [Press release]
Next Story: Digital Cameras + Android = Unavoidable
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-04-10: Sony A7s Priced In The UK At £2,500 Body-Only
- 2014-04-08: Improved PS Vita In Borderlands 2 Bundle Hits The US This May 6
- 2014-04-08: DxoMark Finds Sony Xperia Z2 To Have The Best Camera At The Moment
- 2013-09-04: Sony's AS30 "Action Cam" Has Arrived
- 2013-09-04: Sony Vaio Flip PC Comes in 13, 14 and 15 Inches
- 2012-08-29: Sony VAIO Tap 20 Family Touch PC debuted at IFA 2012
- 2012-08-29: Sony Xperia T makes its official debut at IFA 2012
- 2012-08-29: Sony XPERIA Tablet gets Sony back in the tablet race