While tablets are starting to gain more use in today’s society, they aren’t exactly viewed as a necessity – yet. However if you’d like one but you don’t have the budget for a new smartphone and a new tablet at the same time, it seems that Sprint might have a solution for you. The carrier is now offering their customers a chance at owning the ZTE Optik tablet for free when they purchase a new smartphone. The only drawback is that you will be tied to two two-year contracts – one for the smartphone and the other for the tablet. If you’re fine with that then perhaps this might be a deal worth checking out.
In case you’re wondering what specs the ZTE Optik is offering, you can expect a 7” WXGA 1280×800 display, a 1.2GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor, 1GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage, a 5MP rear-facing camera, a 2MP front-facing camera and a 4,000mAh battery. It will also be running on Android 3.2 Honeycomb. It’s not the most amazing tablet but it might be considered a deal for some, especially since it is being offered for free (not taking your monthly contract fees into account). This deal has yet to be officially announced by Sprint but is expected to take place from the 12th of August to the 30th of September.
- Apple Reportedly Buys Kinect-Tech Creator PrimeSense For $345 Million
- Microsoft's New Temporary CEO Expected To Be Kevin Turner [Report]
- Microsoft Approached Samsung And Huawei About Dual-Booting Windows Phone/Android Devices [Rumor]
- Next-Gen iPads And iPhones To Feature More Sapphire Crystal [Rumor]
- Nokia Tablet Rumored For End September Announcement, Phablet Pegged For November