Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace was famous (or should I say, infamous) for the computer generated character known as Jar Jar Binks, although I found that sentiment on the ground tend to lean more on the negative side. Well, George Lucas is a true blue entrepreneur who is always on the lookout to earn more money (not that he needs it anyway), and hence decided to remaster Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace in 3D glory some time back. I guess it was more of a “testing the water” kind of thing, and it must have been financially successful enough for Lucasfilm to approve 3D remakes of Star Wars Episodes II and III, where they will be released back-to-back in fall next year.
We are looking at September 20 and October 11 release dates, respectively, which is a good thing for fans of the space opera franchise since they need not wait in between episodes, although does this mean the work on remastering both movies in 3D will be a rushed effort? Will you part with your hard earned money to watch both movies in the cinemas when they’re released, or would you prefer to dedicate your financial resources elsewhere?
- 2014-03-25: Star Wars Pinball To Receive Four More Tables
- 2014-03-18: Peanuts 3D Set To Grace The Silver Screen In 2015
- 2014-02-13: Last Star Wars: The Clone Wars’ Season Arrives On Netflix This March 7
- 2014-01-19: Star Wars 1313 Trademark Abandoned By Disney
- 2014-01-16: Adobe Introduces 3D Printing Capabilities In Photoshop
- 2014-01-15: Pin Screen On A Building Looks Out Of This World
- 2013-12-06: No Glasses 3D Tablet Makes 3D Viewing More Convenient
- 2013-11-27: IZON Wants You To View 3D LED TVs Sans 3D Glasses
- 2011-03-03: Star Wars to come in 3D - all six movies