For those of you who have a vague recollection of this particular device known as the T-Mobile SpringBoard, here is a little bit of trivia for you. This is the carrier’s version of the original Huawei MediaPad, where it was first released in November last year over at T-Mobile. Upon its debut in the market, we were happily dancing to the tune of Android 3.2 Honeycomb, a tablet-centric version of the Android operating system before Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich became the unifying factor for both tablets and smartphones which run on the Android ecosystem. Well, T-Mobile seemed to hint at a new Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich build that is coming your way later this week – Wednesday, in fact.
Does this mean that your T-Mobile SpringBoard has just gotten a new lease of life? I guess you can say so, as in the changelog provided by T-Mobile as you can see in the link, it will boast of an improved touch experience which in all probability would be more responsive, doing away with the bug that involves an unrecognized SIM card error, in addition to improved Wi-Fi signal reception. The update itself will also be able to help your SpringBoard improve memory allocation so that it is capable of receiving future operating system updates, now how about that?
Just make sure your T-Mobile SpringBoard has at least 50% of its battery life before you install the OTA (Over The Air) update, otherwise you will never go wrong by leaving it plugged to a power outlet throughout the process. It goes without saying that a Wi-Fi connection comes across as highly recommended, in addition to having at least 90MB of space available.
- 2014-04-24 ARM Expects 64-bit Android Devices By End Of The Year
- 2014-04-23 XCOM: Enemy Unknown Android Version Coming Soon
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2013-09-05 LG G2 Hitting T-Mobile On September 18 For $99
- 2013-07-10 T-Mobile Sony XPERIA Z Review
- 2013-06-25 T-Mobile HTC One S Receives Minor Software Update
- 2013-04-29 Android Design Head Praises Facebook Home's Attention To Design
- 2012-05-02 T-Mobile: HTC Sensation 4G Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update coming soon