Thanks to a bunch of passionate and dedicated developers at XDA, here we are with a video above that depicts the wonders of experiencing USB Video Out for the Windows Phone 7 mobile operating system. It does seem to work in a butter smooth manner that is nothing short of impressive, but the setup process can be said to be quite the hassle since you will need a custom ROM installed beforehand that includes the special video out package. Not only that, you will also have to call upon the help of custom drivers, manually installing them on your computer in the process which could be a slight annoyance if you are running on a copy of 64-bit Windows 7.
Folks who do not know how to flash custom ROMs will just have to sit out on this particular feature, while others with the technical know how and intestinal fortitude would find this to be a neat trick to have up your sleeve, especially when you want to perform presentations right from your smartphone, or to play back recorded video on the spot.
Next Story: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Preview
- 2014-04-14: Tesla Model S Owners Hack Own Cars, Discover Ubuntu
- 2014-04-01: LinkedIn Email Addresses Exposed Via Browser Plug-In Software
- 2014-03-30: Tesla Vehicles Can Be Hacked To Unlock The Car Remotely
- 2013-04-08: Nokia Lumia 920 Is The Best Selling Windows Phone
- 2013-03-27: Windows Phone Outsells iOS And BlackBerry OS In Several Markets
- 2012-12-10: Angry Birds Star Wars On Windows Phone 7
- 2012-08-29: USB Video Out via Windows Phone 7
- 2012-07-27: Nokia Camera Extras for Windows Phone 7 released
- 2011-01-25: Windows Phone 7 smartphones get tethering hack
- 2010-12-29: Windows Phone Marketplace app-security cracked