Yesterday we reported that according to the rumors, a new iPod touch could be unveiled alongside the new iPhone. Some of its rumored specs include the same display being used on the new iPhone, along with a new chip as well. According to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who has had some pretty spot on predictions in the past, he has revealed some more features that he expects will make its way into the new iPod touch.
For starters this includes new color choices. The iPod touch, much like the iPhone, has typically been offered in either black or white, but it seems that this time round we can expect to see more. It will also sport a smaller dock connector, which many speculate will be introduced in future iOS devices, an improved camera with a 5MP image sensor, a HD FaceTime camera, GPS capabilities and interestingly he also mentions cross-device compatibility.
Apparently what this does is that it turns the iPod touch into a gaming controller or an additional accessory that can be used with the iPad or Mac computers. It sounds a bit like a stretch, but given that we’re only hours away from the announcement, we guess we won’t have long to wait to see if these predictions/rumors pan out.
- 2013-06-27 Skype Updates iPhone App To Support Video Messaging Feature
- 2013-06-17 XCOM: Enemy Unknown Releasing On iOS June 20
- 2013-06-14 Microsoft Office Available On iPhone; Requires Office 365 Subscription
- 2013-05-30 Apple Files $53 Million Settlement Concerning Wet iPhones And iPod Touch Models
- 2013-05-30 100 Million iPod Touch Units Sold And Counting