Yes sir, the iPhone 5 has not been officially released just yet (not until tomorrow, that is), but this does not mean that members of the press have to wait like everyone else. No sir, the initial slew of press reviews are out, and perhaps one of these units might have ended up in Germany, considering how German site iPhone-Garage claimed to have one of these highly sought after handsets, performing a teardown of it in the process. Assuming this is true, then iPhone-Garage would surely have beaten iFixit to the punch in terms of an iPhone 5 teardown.
Needless to say, the job is not as detailed as what iFixit normally offers, and most of the internal components that you see above have already been discovered and spotted in the past few months as part of numerous leaks, but at least this alleged teardown offers some fair bit of confirmation on the device’s internal layout.
It must be said that Apple did a pretty fine job changing the interior structure of the device so that it is able better to cram in all the internal components, while ending up with the slimmest iPhone to date. It has been “confirmed” that the battery itself has been flipped over to make space for access from the front of the device instead of the rear, with the headphone jack being moved to the bottom of the device.
At press time, the teardown page on iPhone-Garage seems to be down.
Next Story: Scientists erase fear from the human brain
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6's Metal Casings Could Be Supplied By Catcher [Rumor]
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2014-01-09 iPhone 6 Could Feature 8MP Camera Only
- 2013-11-06 Pebble Smart Watch Update for IOS 7 and SDK 2.0
- 2013-06-13 Apple Considering iPhones With 4.7-Inch, 5.7-Inch Display [Rumor]
- 2013-04-15 Foxconn Hiring New Employees To Build The iPhone 5S
- 2013-04-11 Apple To Pay $53 Million In iPhone Warranty Lawsuit