Heads up, those of you who are rocking to the South Korean version of the Samsung Galaxy S3, which is also known by its model number SHV-E210K. It seems that the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean Test OTA (Over The Air) update for said handset can be retrieved, although it is not yet available to the masses. Word has it that this particular update will also be able to assist 3rd party Android Developers such as CyanogenMod Team to further improve their Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom ROMs for Samsung Galaxy S3. Again, we must stress that this particular Jelly Bean Test is meant for the South Korean version of the Galaxy S3 only, try it on other Galaxy S3 models and it will not work.
The entire OTA update weighs in at a massive 323.9MB, sporting a build date of September 18, 2012. You will need to be on E210KKKALH6 firmware before the update can be flashed properly. For the uninitiated, you might just want to play it safe and wait it out for an official Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update for your device and save yourself from any potential heartaches and headaches.
Next Story: AT&T to launch Nokia Lumia 920 on October 21st?
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-04-11: T-Mobile Offering BlackBerry Users $200 To "Upgrade" To Samsung
- 2014-04-11: Samsung Galaxy S5 Will Be Region-Locked As Well
- 2014-04-11: Leaked HTC One M8 Training Doc Compares It To The Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-10: Samsung Galaxy S5 Stability Update Arrives Prior To Global Launch
- 2012-11-02: Verizon Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update leaked
- 2012-10-24: Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update arriving on Sprint this October 24th
- 2012-10-17: Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean confirmed for “the coming months”
- 2012-10-15: Samsung UK confirms Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy S3
- 2012-10-15: Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update arrives in Sweden