At the end of last year, we do know that more than 700,000 Android-powered devices were activated on a daily basis, and that had certainly helped Google achieve the 500 million activation mark for Android as of today. After all, who can resist names such as Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, and Jelly Bean, considering how those tend to “activate” your sweet tooth as well?
Of course, the daily number of activations has nearly doubled as well since December last year, where we are looking at approximately 1.3 million smartphones and/or tablets activated each time the earth makes a full revolution around the sun. Will the number of Android activations actually reduce after Apple’s alleged iPhone 5 announcement happens later today? Perhaps, but I guess there will always be fans on either camp who will always do their best to increase the respective user base in the long run. Will you be picking up an Android smartphone in the near future?
Next Story: Ubergizmo Laptop Guide - September 2012
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2014-04-10: Google Expands Security Services For Android