As most of you guys are aware by now, Apple has gained a pretty big victory over Samsung in their legal battle over in the US, with the courts ordering Samsung to pay $1 billion to Apple in damages (assuming Samsung’s appeal falls through), and with Apple also asking for an injunction against many Samsung devices. Thankfully the list at that time did not include some of Samsung’s newer devices, like the flagship Galaxy S3 and the Galaxy Note, but that might not be the case now.
According to the reports, Apple has asked a federal district court in San Jose, California to add more products to their injunction list which includes both the Galaxy S3 and the Galaxy Note. It remains to be seen if Apple’s request will be granted, but if it does, it looks like Samsung’s newest flagship device could be banned from the US market which is one the largest markets that many manufacturers hope to break into. In any case we’ll be keeping an eye on the situation so be sure to check back with us at a later date for more updates!
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-08: Apple Seeks $2.2 Billion In Damages From Samsung
- 2014-04-08: Samsung Sues South Korean Publication Over Negative Galaxy S5 Press
- 2014-04-07: Leaked Document Reveals How Samsung Viewed Apple As An "Extremely Real" Threat
- 2014-04-06: White House Had Legal Talks With Samsung Over Recent Selfie
- 2014-04-04: Internal Email Reveals Apple's Sales Team's Worry About The Competition