We know that Apple and Samsung are not exactly bosom buddies in the corporate environment, and here we are with word that the Cupertino-based company is looking for more dough (as if they do not have enough cash in their reserves already), knocking on Samsung’s door for another $535 million in damages as part of their patent case settlement against the South Korean consumer electronics giant.
This would be in addition to the $1.05 billion that Apple was awarded in the court of law after a jury ruled in favor of Apple, claiming that Samsung did indeed infringe on half a dozen of Apple’s phone patents. I guess all of that money was not enough for Apple, as they had asked for another $135 million under the Patent Act and $400 million under the Lanham Act, according to Bloomberg. Not only that, Apple also wants a permanent injunction to be issued against sales of the infringed products. All of these are starting to sound a little bit crazy to me (personally, not a representative view of the site), what about you?
Next Story: Neurowear can geotag your feelings accurately
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-04-16: High-End Samsung Tizen Device To Arrive By End Of Q2 2014
- 2014-04-15: Know Your Samsung Gear Compatibility
- 2014-04-15: Samsung Galaxy S5 4K UHD Footage Recorded
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2013-12-08: Apple Spent $60 Million Fighting Samsung In Court
- 2013-10-14: Samsung And Apple Rumored To Be Working On 12 Inch Tablets
- 2013-08-04: ITC Ban On iPhone, iPad Sales Vetoed By Obama Administration
- 2013-07-01: Samsung Devices Receive The Heaviest Subsidies, According To Research
- 2013-06-21: Japan Court Claims Samsung Infringed Upon Apple’s Bounce Back Patent