We know that Apple and Samsung are not exactly bosom buddies in the corporate environment, and here we are with word that the Cupertino-based company is looking for more dough (as if they do not have enough cash in their reserves already), knocking on Samsung’s door for another $535 million in damages as part of their patent case settlement against the South Korean consumer electronics giant.
This would be in addition to the $1.05 billion that Apple was awarded in the court of law after a jury ruled in favor of Apple, claiming that Samsung did indeed infringe on half a dozen of Apple’s phone patents. I guess all of that money was not enough for Apple, as they had asked for another $135 million under the Patent Act and $400 million under the Lanham Act, according to Bloomberg. Not only that, Apple also wants a permanent injunction to be issued against sales of the infringed products. All of these are starting to sound a little bit crazy to me (personally, not a representative view of the site), what about you?
Next Story: Neurowear can geotag your feelings accurately
- 2014-04-23 Samsung Galaxy K Gets Pictured In Leaked Photo
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2013-12-08 Apple Spent $60 Million Fighting Samsung In Court
- 2013-10-14 Samsung And Apple Rumored To Be Working On 12 Inch Tablets
- 2013-08-04 ITC Ban On iPhone, iPad Sales Vetoed By Obama Administration
- 2013-07-01 Samsung Devices Receive The Heaviest Subsidies, According To Research
- 2013-06-21 Japan Court Claims Samsung Infringed Upon Apple’s Bounce Back Patent