The ASUS PadFone was officially launched in May last year, so after more than a year in existence, it would be fair to say that a sequel is in the works. In fact, it seems that the ASUS PadFone 2 (you can’t get any more creative than that when it comes to naming convention) will be powered by a quad-core processor, or at least that is what was divulged when spotted in action over at an AnTuTu database.
We are looking at the ASUS PadFone 2 running on Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich, accompanied by a quad-core 1.5GHz processor, and 2GB RAM amidst other hardware specifications. Of course, all of the above mentioned should be taken with a grain of salt until there is an official confirmation or announcement released, but in the meantime, you might want to keep a keen eye out for news on the ASUS PadFone 2. Who knows, there might be a prototype in store when MWC 2013 rolls around early next year?
- 2014-04-10: ASUS Transformer Book T100 Receives CPU Upgrade
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-27: AT&T Details ASUS PadFone X Specifications
- 2014-03-24: ASUS ZenFone 6, 5, And 4 To Be Released In April
- 2014-03-23: ASUS PadFone X Spotted At The FCC
- 2012-12-09: Asus PadFone 2 Gets Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Update
- 2012-10-19: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for the ASUS PadFone 2 expected by November
- 2012-10-16: ASUS PadFone 2 official specs and images
- 2012-10-14: Asus Padfone 2 leaked
- 2012-10-08: Asus Padfone 2 confirmed to get LTE connectivity