If you happen to live in Sweden and own the Asus Transformer Prime tablet, then you might be pleased to hear that the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for this tablet has started to roll out, which could very well signal that the floodgates to a global introduction to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update is also well on its way. A post on Asus Sweden’s Facebook page claims that the update is now ready and waiting for Transformer Prime owners in Sweden to take advantage of the availability, but for some personal reasons that you want to remain on the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich platform, feel free to ignore the availability of Jelly Bean.
Needless to say, you would do well to perform a backup of all your data on the Transformer Prime while making sure that the tablet itself has its battery fully charged before running the update. After all, you are unable to tell just when Murphy might strike upon installing the update, do you? Asus seems to be one of the more diligent hardware manufacturers of Android-powered devices when it comes to regular and speedy Android operating system updates, and we hope that they continue to keep up the good work.
Next Story: Nook Video service from Barnes & Noble launched
- 2014-04-18: Chuwi Cloned Lenovo’s Android-Powered Yoga Tablets
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Madison For Android Declares War On In-App Advertisements
- 2014-04-17: Flickr 3.0 Brings Filters, Editing Tools And More
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2013-01-13: ASUS MeMO Pad Launched [Official]
- 2012-09-26: Asus teases Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update for Transformer Prime and Infinity
- 2012-07-18: Original ASUS Transformer to receive Jelly Bean
- 2012-05-29: Asus Nexus tablet to have Jelly Bean operating system?
- 2012-03-04: Asus confirms Android 5.0 Jelly Bean name?