Someone spotted the new Slingbox 350 and Slingbox 500 at a Best Buy, and it does seem as though both of them are more than capable of stream at up to 1080p, which is far higher than what the Slingbox Solo cranks out at standard definition, while the Slingbox PRO-HD does 720p. Apart from that, they do seem to come with respective redesigned hardware chassis, where you can tell the difference from one another at a single glance. Just like their predecessors, however, the main function seems to be opening up the doors for your TV content to be “transferred” over to both desktop and mobile software clients.
The Slingbox 500 will come with an HDMI input and output, a remote control, and USB storage, with the very real possibility of a TV-based setup. Apart from that, this would mean it is the first Slingbox ever to boast of built-in Wi-Fi capabilities. There was no pricing details associated with the spotted Slingboxes, and Best Buy clearly maintained that those were not on sale – just yet. Looks like this is yet another situation where one exercises the virtue known as “patience”.
- 2014-02-16: Nexus 7 2013 16GB White Spotted On Best Buy
- 2013-12-12: Best Gadgets You Can Find At Best Buy [Promoted]
- 2013-11-26: Apple's Brick And Mortar Stores Account For 11% Of All U.S. Cellphone Sales
- 2013-11-24: PS4 Sold Out At Best Buy
- 2013-11-21: Best Buy Offering $75 Gift Card With Fourth Generation iPad Purchase