Since our smartphones have the ability to do more than just surf the web, check emails, make phone calls and send messages, there has been a lot of demand for apps that take our device’s capabilities one step further, and having a large number of apps to choose from can sometimes influence someone’s decision on which platform to go for. As some of you guys know by now, RIM will be rolling out Blackberry 10 devices in the near future and if you were worried that the platform will still be lacking in apps like its Blackberry 7 predecessor (at least when compared to iOS and Android), fret not as according to Alec Saunders (via CNET), RIM’s VP of developer relations and ecosystem development, Blackberry 10 will launch with more apps than any first-generation mobile operating system.
Granted that both iOS and Android number over half a million apps each at the moment, it will take RIM some time to play catch up, but hopefully their goal of having more apps available at launch will be attractive enough to convince customers to jump ship.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: apps, BlackBerry 10, RIM,
- Seen at: rimarkable