While the full specs of RIM’s upcoming Blackberry L-series has yet to be confirmed and pricing has yet to be revealed, many are assuming that this will be RIM’s new flagship Blackberry device which could also mean that it will command a premium price. While we’re sure that many Blackberry loyalists out there would love to get their hands on the L-series, not everyone will be able to afford it but thanks to a recent set of rumors, word has it that RIM has an R-series planned as well and it will basically be equivalent to the “Curve” series for Blackberry 10.
This is expected to be a mid-ranged device and is expected to be introduced to the market in May of 2013. Specifics of the phone were not revealed, as in whether it would be following a full touchscreen design or if it will sport a QWERTY keyboard. We know that RIM has plans for both but it is unclear as to when the QWERTY design will be introduced. In any case it is speculated that the R-series will be introduced at Blackberry World in Orlando in 2013 which has apparently been scheduled for May 14-16. We’ll be taking this with a grain of salt for now, but if you’re a Blackberry fan do check back with us later for more updates.
- 2014-04-09: Polled BlackBerry Users Want BlackBerry 10 To Be Themable
- 2014-03-27: BlackBerry 10 Receives Full Operational Capability Certification By Department Of Defense
- 2014-02-19: BlackBerry 10 QWERTY Prototype Photos Leaked
- 2014-02-13: BBM 2.0 Brings Voice Calling, Channels, Dropbox And More
- 2013-12-24: BlackBerry Dropped Plans To Release Two More BB10 Devices