Despite Blizzard’s World of Warcraft subscriptions slowly facing a decline, it’s still a pretty popular game and while players across all servers might have fallen a bit, there are still servers whose population is still brimming and with the launch of the Mists of Pandaria expansion that could have lured both new and old players into the fold, we expect that some servers might have found themselves at maximum capacity. This has caused players to wait in sometimes very lengthy queues in order to get into their server, and while it might not be an issue for new players who can easily switch to a new server, it can be frustrating for some who have had their characters in there for years.
Well the good news is that Blizzard has announced that they will be providing free character transfers for servers who are facing especially long queues. Blizzard has listed 8 servers that are eligible for the transfers and they range from Oceanic servers to those in North America. So if you’re on the server that is affected and you’re looking to move your character or entire guild onto a less populated server, you can do so. To see if your server is eligible or for more details, head on over to the World of Warcraft blog.
- 2014-04-18 Azeroth Choppers Episode 1 Is Now Live
- 2014-04-16 Hearthstone: Heroes Of Warcraft Arrives On The iPad
- 2014-04-16 Warlords Of Draenor Might Not Require You To Upgrade Your Computer
- 2014-04-11 Blizzard Unveils New Heroes Of The Storm Characters
- 2014-04-11 World Of Warcraft's Choppers Are About To Be Made A Reality
- 2014-04-08 Warlords Of Draenor New Tauren Animations Shown Off
- 2014-04-03 World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor Enters Alpha Testing Phase