One of the features that Blizzard announced for Diablo 3 back then was PvP. Granted Diablo 2 had PvP, but for Diablo 3, Blizzard would be introducing a style of PvP that would be akin to World of Warcraft’s PvP Arena. Well it seems that Diablo 3 gamers have datamined the game’s client following the 1.0.5 patch and in it they have discovered some pretty interesting PvP tidbits.
According to their findings (via PCGamesN), there will be tokens given to players for “good” PvP performance. Other rewards include gold and XP, with the tokens exchangeable at New Tristram’s Slaughtered Calf Inn to the NPC Gryffith the Warmaster for goodies. The datamining has also uncovered five PvP arenas that will allow players to compete against other players in 10 minute events in a 4v4 format.
Blizzard has yet to announce when PvP will be making its way into Diablo 3, but hopefully this datamined content is an indication that we aren’t too far off from official confirmation. The rest of the screenshots from the datamined content can be found on VG247’s website, so head on over to check it out.
- 2014-04-09: Diablo 3 Nephalem Rifts Cleared In Under 4 Minutes
- 2014-04-03: Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Shifts 2.7 Million Copies So Far, Digital And Physical Versions Combined
- 2014-03-25: Blizzard Evaluating Diablo 3's Future After Reaper Of Souls Release
- 2014-03-25: Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Is Now Live
- 2014-03-24: Diablo 3 For Xbox One Confirmed To Be In The Works
- 2014-03-18: Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Launch Trailer Released