Nokia recently unveiled two of its new flagship smartphones, Lumia 820 and Lumia 920 PureView. Both devices run Windows Phone 8 and are geared at richer markets since they are expected to carry a rather sizeable price tag. However, Nokia also plans to sustain its presence in the developing markets.
And for that purpose, it may be planning to release a few Windows Phone 7.5 handsets soon. These handsets will naturally feature rather modest hardware and will come with such price tags as would be affordable for the users in the developing countries.
Although Nokia has slid from its position as the top mobile vendor in terms of volume, its handsets still have a significant number of users in the developing nations. And while Nokia definitely needs the success in smartphone market to stay afloat, the company may try to lure its low-budgeted users to move on to its low-end Lumia devices.
According to DigiTimes, Nokia will introduce these new Windows Phone 7.5 by the end of this year. However, Nokia hasn’t given any official word on this year and so far, this remains only a rumor.RELATED
- NAVIGATE Jacket Uses LEDs, Haptic Feedback To Help Direct Its Wearer
- Luna Delivery Service Will Deliver Packages At Night When You're Actually Home
- iPhone Launch On China Mobile Might Add $10 Billion In Yearly Apple Revenue
- Uber Will Deliver Christmas Trees To Your Door For Just $135
- Mint Financial App Now Available On Windows 8.1, Windows Phone
- Follow: lumia, Nokia, windows phone,
- Seen at: digitimes