If there is one particular area that companies will need to pay close attention to, it would be the mobile arena. After all, there is plenty of potential there, and with mobile being the fastest moving space at this point in time, social networking giant Facebook wants to be around to ride the wave, where they have already rolled out a native iOS app and are working hard round the clock on a native Android app. In fact, Facebook wants to take another step further by offering updates to those apps once every 4 to 8 weeks, which should translate to a monthly or every two months. This would mean we can all look forward to timed releases of our Facebook apps on their respective platforms without being left in the dark like in the past.
Better late than never to implement such a policy, I say. Do bear in mind that this latest update schedule will apply only to Facebook for iOS, Facebook for Android, Facebook Messenger, and Facebook Camera. Did this bit of news make your heart skip for a while and beat a little bit faster?
- 2014-04-22 Research On Facebook Unfriending Impact
- 2014-04-22 WhatsApp Now Has Half A Billion Active Users
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20 Facebook Rumored To Launch Their Own Mobile Ad Network
- 2014-04-17 Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced