Like it or not, the Presidential elections are happening real soon, and Facebook knows just the kind of talk that goes around a table when it comes to politics. How about helping digitize the elections in one way or another, by declaring to the rest of the world (actually, just within your Facebook circle) that you have now registered as a voter so that you have a say in who will run this great country in the future? Just like how Facebook introduced a “Same Sex Marriage” icon and “Expecting a Baby” timelines earlier this year, so too, can you now declare to the world that you’re “Registered to Vote” via a new Timeline event.
Needless to say, only US residents are able to make use of the personalized shortcut link for this new feature under the “Travel & Experiences” category of the Life Events tab on your Timeline’s post composer. You can share the location and when you registered, in addition to an optional box of details as to your political leanings. Will this increase the awareness for those who are still sitting on the fence and have yet to register themselves to be heard this November? Only time will tell.
Next Story: Nokia Asha 308 and Nokia Asha 309 announced
- 2014-04-24 Facebook Acquires Company Behind "Moves" Fitness And Activity Tracker App
- 2014-04-24 Facebook Launches Newswire To Deliver Breaking News
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Achieves 1 Billion Mobile Users Each Month
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Lays Out Blueprint For Future Standalone Apps