Tech and fashion might make for strange bedfellows, but this does not mean that they are like oil and water – fundamentally unable to gel. The Google Glass which was revealed in further detail this June was spotted in New York city yesterday, with designer Diane von Furstenberg debuting her spring 2013 collection alongside Google’s futuristic eyewear.
This is definitely one of the more interesting collaborations that Google has indulged in for their Google Glass, and it is interesting to note that the $1,500 glasses were not there just for cosmetic purposes, but rather, being used to record behind-the-scenes video footage in order to make up a short movie that focuses on von Furstenberg’s creative process.
von Furstenberg released a statement, saying, “I am so excited to introduce Glass to the fashion world and use this revolutionary technology to give everyone a unique perspective into fashion.” Where else do you think that Google Glass will be able to make an impact?
Next Story: Nokia City Lens dumps beta tag
- 2014-04-21: Google Reportedly Working On Stronger End-To-End Encryption For Gmail
- 2014-04-21: HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2014-04-21: Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2014-04-21: Domino’s Pizza Accepts Payment Via Google Wallet Now
- 2014-04-20: Google Trends Gets Email Subscriptions
- 2013-05-06: Google Glass Parodied On Saturday Night Live
- 2013-04-18: Google Will Brick Your Google Glass If Its Resold, Loaned Out
- 2013-04-16: Google Glass Specs Reveal 5MP Camera, 25-Inch Display, All-Day Battery Life
- 2013-03-27: Google Chooses 8,000 Winners To Pay $1,500 To Wear Google Glass
- 2013-03-12: Google Glass Will Support Prescription Glasses