At the end of August, we reported that Guild Wars 2 had been sold out, at least as far as the digital editions were concerned. The reason behind this was because ArenaNet wanted to ensure that players had a consistent experience that might not have been possible with server overloads. The good news is that if you wanted to play the game but would rather get the digital edition rather than the physical copy, you’re in luck as digital sales have come back and the game can be purchased via Guild Wars’ website. In the meantime ArenaNet has also released a live-action trailer for the game which was directed by V for Vendetta’s James McTeigue. Unfortunately it does not resemble the game at all, but rather it takes real people and “transforms” them into their characters from the game, but still worth watching if you’re a fan or if you’re looking to be convinced.
- 2013-08-23: Guild Wars 2 Heroic Edition Announced
- 2013-07-01: ArenaNet Opens Guild Wars 2 APIs To Developers
- 2013-06-27: ArenaNet To Release Guild Wars 2 Updates Every Two Weeks Now
- 2013-05-14: Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pack Currently Underway According To NCsoft
- 2013-01-29: Guild Wars 2 Content Update Arrives
- 2012-11-28: ArenaNet introduces character makeover options for Guild Wars 2
- 2012-11-02: The Lost Shores will be the next Guild Wars 2 update