One of the good things about Blizzard is that they release games on both Windows and Mac at the same time so players don’t have to wait. Well if you are a Mac user and you’re bummed that there was no OS X support for Guild Wars 2 at launch, cheer up as ArenaNet has announced that support for Mac has arrived. The support will unfortunately be arriving in beta form but we guess it’s better than nothing, right? The beta client should be available for download today via the Guild Wars 2 website via the Account Management page, and the good news is that it’s not a separate purchase which means that if you were to make the switch from Windows to Mac or vice versa, you will be able to download the game for either operating system. No word on when the final release of the Mac version will be available as it is subject to the input of those who have played the beta version. So if you’re a Mac user and would like to get in on the Guild Wars 2 action, head on over to the Guild Wars 2 website or check out their FAQ for the details.
- 2013-08-23: Guild Wars 2 Heroic Edition Announced
- 2013-07-01: ArenaNet Opens Guild Wars 2 APIs To Developers
- 2013-06-27: ArenaNet To Release Guild Wars 2 Updates Every Two Weeks Now
- 2013-05-14: Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pack Currently Underway According To NCsoft
- 2013-01-29: Guild Wars 2 Content Update Arrives