What’s this? Are we looking at a new class of hardware just when the market is warming up to Ultrabooks? HP’s announcement of the HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14 and Pavilion Sleekbook 15 actually toes the Ultrabook line and veers away from it slightly, where these are actually powered by AMD processors underneath the hood for one of the models, and might not necessarily keep within the boundaries of what defines an Ultrabook in order to price it competitively (read: make it more affordable to the masses). As you can view in the photo gallery below, the HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14 and Pavilion Sleekbook 15 will come in Sparkling Black and Ruby Red shades, sporting 14-inch and 15.6-inch diagonal high-definition displays respectively.
Not only that, you will not find yourself running out of hard drive space that fast, since they will both feature up to 1TB of storage space, where other hardware specifications are pretty much up to today’s par such as HDMI, USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 connectivity, a TrueVision HD webcam, Dolby Advanced Audio, optional NVIDIA discrete graphics, alongside a numeric keypad in the Sleekbook 15 for increased productivity. The Sleekbook 14 will be powered by AMD, while those who are so used to having “Intel Inside” can settle for the HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15.
The HP Pavilion Sleekbook 14 and Sleekbook 15 will retail for $499.99 and $559.99, respectively, as they arrive Stateside this coming October 26th in the US.
Next Story: HP ENVY m4 unveiled
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20: HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2012-08-30: HP ENVY TouchSmart Ultrabook 4 revealed
- 2012-05-08: HP ENVY Ultrabook and Sleekbook
- 2012-04-19: HP to ship 5-7 ultrabooks in second half of 2012? [Rumor]
- 2012-02-08: HP ENVY 14 Spectre up for pre-order
- 2012-01-23: Top 10 CES Gadgets