Samsung’s Galaxy Note has been a success in the market. When it was released, many cast doubts that an amalgam of a tablet and a smartphone may not be the best idea. But the consequent sales of the device proved that it can cater well to a niche market.
Inspired by this success, many other vendors have tried to jump this bandwagon. It now seems that HTC is also on its way there. A recent post on Phone HK displayed an HTC device which looked quite similar to Galaxy Note in its dimensions, with a 5-inch display (the Note 2 has a 5.5″ display). The post was eventually deleted but the images are still available.
In the past too, rumors have suggested that HTC plans on unveiling a 5-inch smartphone in September or October this year. For all we know, it may turn out to be a ‘phablet’, as are the tablet-smartphone devices called.
The specs of the device are said to be thus: a rear and a front camera and 1794 x 1080 HD display. Another leak from last month indicates that the device may feature a very powerful 1.5GHz processor and runs Android 4.0.4.
Of course all this remains speculation but it would make sense for HTC to dish out such a device. The company is famous for the brilliant displays in its device and carrying that success to a 5-inch screen can grab the attention of the users.
Next Story: Russia Introduces A Google-Less Android
- 2014-04-18: HTC: Optical Zoom On Phone Cameras 18 Months Away
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-03-27: HTC Aims To Capture 10 Percent Of The Global Smartphone Market
- 2014-02-26: Metal Galaxy S5 With Improved Specs Expected After HTC M8 Launch
- 2014-02-24: HTC Thinks Galaxy S5 Owners Will Have Buyer's Remorse
- 2013-05-30: HTC T6 Phablet Specs Reportedly Leaked