Last week we reported that thanks to an FCC filing, a device with the model number XT890 was spotted and was speculated to be the Intel-powered version of the Motorola RAZR M. While that remains to be seen, Motorola and Intel have officially taken the wraps off the Motorola RAZR i, which is basically the UK’s version of the RAZR M with the main difference being that is powered by Intel’s Medfield processor which has been clocked at faster speeds of 2GHz. Intel already had the fastest single-core performance with their 1.6GHz processor, so this is getting really interesting.
However given that this is “only” a single-core processor clocked at 2GHz, many might sniff their noses at that fact, but Intel believes that it has the power to match and even surpass those of the dual-core variety – actually this was already proven in a number of benchmarks, but it all depends on how applications use multi-core.
We guess that we will need to wait for a new round of benchmarks to see if Intel’s claims are true. The rest of the specs remain similar to the RAZR M with its 4.3” 960×540 edge-to-edge Super AMOLED Advance display, NFC, an 8MP camera and will be available in 8GB, 16GB or 32GB variants that can be expanded via microSD.
The Motorola RAZR i will come with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich preinstalled, but Motorola has reassured customers that it will be bumped to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean in the future. No word on pricing, but it is expected to be released in early October for European and Latin American markets which includes the U.K., France, Germany, Argentina, Brazil and Mexico. More countries are expected to be announced in the future but unfortunately there is no word on a US release. [Press release]
- 2014-04-23 Next-gen Moto X & Moto G Will Continue To Use Near-Stock Android
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-20 Moto G LTE And Ferrari Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2014-04-20 Moto E Specifications Leaked
- 2014-04-18 Motorola To Introduce XT1021, XT1022 And XT1025 In May (Rumor)
- 2012-08-29 Fastest Android phone from Motorola and Intel coming next month?
- 2012-02-22 Motorola and Lenovo reportedly confirmed as Intel's Medfield partners
- 2011-10-07 Motorola faces patent lawsuit from Intellectual Ventures
- 2010-04-12 WiMAX 2 Coming Later This Year
- 2010-04-29 Sony Gearing Up To Launch Google TV In May