iGearUnlimited provides customized iPhone and iPad cases by allowing the users to make use of different artworks. The company has now claimed that it knows the exact dimensions of iPhone 5 which is due to be unveiled on September 12th.
In a video released by the company (embed in the full post), a person shows off an iPhone 5 mockup, comparing it to iPhone 4S. The video more or less corroborates much of the allegedly leaked info about iPhone 5 dimensions which we have been hearing so far.
For instance, in the video, we are told that iPhone 5 is nearly 1 mm thinner and somewhat taller than iPhone 4S. And that it also weighs less despite its 4-inch display. The person also shows that the headphone jack has been moved to the bottom in iPhone 5.
We are not sure how true this is. What does ring some alarming bells, though, is the fact that immediately after showing off the allegedly authentic iPhone 5 mockup, the person starts pitching iGearUnlimited cases for the device — so this is also a marketing operation for the company.
Does this mean that iGearUnlimited is so confident of the mockup it has that it has already developed cases for iPhone 5? Or is it simply a marketing stunt? We leave that decision to the user. Looks plausible, but take it with a grain of salt.
- 2014-04-23 iPhone 6's Metal Casings Could Be Supplied By Catcher [Rumor]
- 2014-04-23 Apple Sells 43.7 Million iPhones, 16.3 Million iPads In Q2 2014
- 2014-04-22 Fading Carrier Subsidies May Hit High-End Smartphones
- 2014-04-22 5.5-inch iPhone Delayed To 2015 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 Google Glass SMS iPhone Support Coming Soon
- 2013-09-26 iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16 iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13 The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger
- 2013-09-12 ChargeKey Is A Lightning Cable Small Enough To Fit On Your Keychain
- 2013-09-02 Wal-Mart iPhone 5 And iPad Prices Slashed