In countries where MNCs choose not to launch their products in first, you have to be thankful for the grey market as it basically gives customers access to devices before they have been officially launched for that particular region. While Hong Kong will be getting the iPhone 5 on the 21st of September along with other selected countries, it seems that the iPhone 5 has already made it into the country’s grey market where they are being sold for a whopping $1,100. Of course these models are unlocked but at $1,100, they are a few hundred dollars more than they would cost if purchased officially.
Then again we suppose there are plenty of iPhone 5 hopefuls out there who would love to have bragging rights at being able to get it before their friends or co-workers do, and wouldn’t mind paying a premium for it. The seller, Mr. Lo, even has a standing offer where he will pay for sealed iPhone 5s at a premium of up to $200 on their original price. The reason? He believes that due to the iPhone 5 selling out so fast and with shipments now slipping to 3-4 weeks, there will still be buyers out there who will pay top dollar to skip the wait.
Next Story: Sprint hits 1 million 4G LTE devices sold
- 2013-10-01: Gold iPhone 5 Stickers Apparently A Hot Ticket Item In China
- 2013-09-29: iPhone 5s Paint Peeling Off Issue Reported
- 2013-09-26: iPhone 5S $24 Upgrade Kit Turns Your iPhone 5 Into The Latest iPhone... Sort Of
- 2013-09-16: iPhone 5 Sticky Notes Now A Reality Thanks to Paperback
- 2013-09-13: The PocketPlug Is An iPhone Case With A Built-In Charger