Are you a cycling enthusiast? Ever wanted to try your hands (read legs) on biking at the comfort of indoors? Here’s a fine solution to your needs: Wahoo Fitness has unveiled a new Biker Trainer that not only comes with many tweaks and options but is also tech-savvy.
It is aptly called KICKR Biker Trainer and you can control it with the help of an iPhone app. It is essentially a bicycle except that it packs a different equipment in the place of the rear wheel. You can control the resistance of the pedal simply by adjusting the settings on the app.
With the help of the app, you can also see exactly how many watts you are producing with your pedals and the exact speed of your drive. The resistance adjustment allows you to simulate different conditions, such as when bicycling down a slope or uphill.
Apart from the iPhone app, KICKR is also compatible with a range of other popular bicycling apps such as Kinomap Trainer. It also supports Bluetooth 4.0 and ANT+. KICKR is expected to be available by November this year. So if you are interested already, mark the month for some bicycling action.
- 2014-03-28: There’s No Stopping This Juggernaut Trike
- 2014-02-17: Table Tennis Champion To Face Off Against Robot In March
- 2014-02-06: Oculus Rift Used To Simulate Rugby Experience
- 2014-02-04: RYNO Cycle Could Make Unicycles Cool Again
- 2014-01-26: Babolat Play Pure Drive Will Help Improve Your Tennis Game
- 2013-12-03: Copenhagen Wheel Assists Cyclists Through Its Rechargeable Battery
- 2013-10-15: Desperado E-bike Sports Two Motors And Top Speed Of 80km/h
- 2013-06-24: Citi Bike Smart Helmet Helps Guide Riders To Nearest Docking Station