We’re sure that many Windows Phone users were disappointed and possibly angry to learn that their current Windows Phone devices will not be updated to Windows Phone 8, ultimately forcing them to upgrade (we’re hoping this will not be a trend with future Windows Phone iterations). However Micrsoft did “compromise” by offering current-gen Windows Phone devices to be upgraded to Windows Phone 7.8, which basically introduces the update home screen with smaller tiles and a couple of other Windows Phone 8 features to current-gen devices.
Well if you’re wondering how that might look like, it seems that a Nokia Lumia 800 was spotted (via WindowsMania.pl) running on a leaked version of the Windows Phone 7.8 ROM. It looks pretty good and hopefully it will be enough to appease those who do not wish to upgrade their devices yet. This leak isn’t too surprising given that word on street has it that Windows Phone 7.8 will be arriving on Lumia devices “soon”. In the meantime this comparison chart (not official) should give you an idea of the differences between Windows Phone 7.8 and Windows Phone 8.
- 2014-04-17: #Chokia Is Just Desserts For Nokia’s 3D Printing Research
- 2014-04-17: Nokia Lumia 2520 Sales Suspended Due To Electric Shock Concerns
- 2014-04-17: Lumia Icon Power Button Unresponsive After Windows Phone 8.1 Update
- 2014-04-16: Early Nokia Prototype Tablet From 2001 Gets Pictured
- 2014-04-16: Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM Increases Your Versatility
- 2014-03-26: Nokia Lumia 630 Spotted In China
- 2014-03-06: Nokia Lumia 630 Press Rendering Leaked
- 2014-02-23: Nokia Lumia 630 "Moneypenny" Leaked
- 2013-12-19: Leaked Accessory Card "Confirms" Lumia Icon Moniker
- 2012-12-17: Nokia Lumia 800 Gets Windows Phone 7.8 Officially