We have seen our fair share of waterproof smartphones in the past, and here we are with the Lenovo A660 that boasts of an IP67 certification, which to put it in plain English, would mean it is dust- as well as water-resistant for up to one meter, allowing you to submerge your Lenovo A660 for half an hour without worrying about its innards getting wet. This does seem to be a China-bound device, although who knows that we could actually see Lenovo deliver it to the US? That is not quite likely, but all the same, the Lenovo A660 waterproof smartphone will feature a couple of SIM card slots to make life easier and simpler for folks who carry two handsets with them these days.
Other features include 3G connectivity, a 4” Gorilla Glass display, a 5-megapixel shooter at the back with a VGA camera upfront, a 1GHz dual-core processor and a 1500 mAh battery to keep things running nicely. It will be powered by the Android operating system, although pricing and availability details remain to be worked out. Image courtesy of Zol.
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo FLEX 2 Laptops Announced
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo Z40 & Z50 Entertainment-Focused Laptops Announced
- 2014-04-15: Lenovo A540 AIO Desktop PC Announced
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-06: Lenovo's IBM Server Unit Bid Raises National Security Concerns