LG Electronics has just announced that their monstrous 84-inch Ultra Definition LED TV is available to the general market Stateside, carrying a whopping screen resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels which allows it to live up to its impressive size. We are talking about having four times the level of detail (equivalent to 8 million pixels thereabouts) found in a Full HD resolution TV. Of course, “4K” content has yet to be readily available, so you can be proud to say that this is one TV which will not get obsolete the moment you unbox it in your living room.
Still, the 84-inch behemoth from LG will carry the South Korean company’s proprietary Resolution Upscaler Plus which is capable of delivering a higher level detail from current HD/SD external sources. The asking price of the LG UD 84LM9600? We are looking at an October release date with a price that can buy you a decent, brand-new family sedan – $19,999.99. Of course, there is only one other competitor out there for the LG UD 84LM9600, and that would be the Sony XBR-84X900 4K LED TV. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-23 LG SoundPlate Enhances Your Home Theater Experience
- 2014-04-23 LG Files For "W Watch" Trademark
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-22 Possible LG G3 Software Features Revealed [Rumor]
- 2010-12-27 LG LZ9700 LED backlit 3D LCD HDTV ready to rock at CES 2011
- 2009-10-08 LG SL95 and SL90 wireless LED backlight TVs
- 2009-10-28 LG aims to dazzle with their displays
- 2010-08-29 LG LEX8 to debut at IFA 2010