Love or hate the Android UI, it’s most definitely a matter of preference, but if you were leaning more towards disliking it and are hoping to see Google make more improvements to it in the future, it seems that these views are shared by Matias Duarte, the person who is responsible behind the look and feel of Android. In a response to a comment on his Google+ account, Duarte agreed by saying that he personally does not feel that the Android UI is complete and that they still have a lot of work ahead of them.
“It’s true, we still have a lot of work to do. Personally I feel like I’ve gotten only about a third of the way to where I want to be with regards to consistency, responsiveness, and polish.
Better get back to work!”
Based on the feedback of many and having tried it ourselves, the Jelly Bean update to Android certainly brought about a much smoother experience compared to previous versions of Android, and if they are only a third of their way through, it certainly looks like we can expect many good things from Android in the future.
- 2014-04-24 XCOM: Enemy Unknown Hits Android
- 2014-04-24 IFTTT For Android Makes Its Official Debut On Google Play
- 2014-04-24 iPod Ad Impressions Are Actually Higher Than BlackBerry And Windows Phone Devices
- 2014-04-24 Windows Phone Overtakes BlackBerry In The US [Report]
- 2014-04-24 Android 4.4.3 Might Bring A Redesigned Dialer